Jets ‘very open’ to trading down from No. 3 pick

The New York Jets have officially placed the No. 3 overall pick of the 2019 NFL Draft on the trading block.

"We're very open to potentially moving back from three," general manager Mike Maccagnan said Monday, according to Brian Costello of the New York Post. "I wouldn't envision us moving up in the draft. I think you can rule that one out. If we end up staying at three and taking a player, we think there are some very good players at three.

"But we'd definitely be interested if another team came with an offer that we felt was worthy of moving out of the spot. We would definitely consider that. Not to say we're committed to doing it, but we'd definitely be very intrigued by that."

The Jets traded up to get the third overall pick last year, using it to select USC quarterback Sam Darnold. The climb to No. 3 from No. 6 cost New York three second-round picks, including this year's second-rounder.

With his franchise quarterback now in the fold, Maccagnan could look to recoup some of those spent assets. He said he's already held preliminary talks with teams interested in trading for the No. 3 selection but noted those discussions haven't been especially in-depth.

Copyright © 2019 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license. ift.tt/1Y3oMLZ